Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Book Sales Bingo

Well, it's not quite Bingo, unless it's the "coverall" game. 😃

Here's how I play -- Amazon shows me my weekly book sales of the paperbacks by geography (the ebooks don't show on this tracking). The page displays a map of the United States that's divided up into 100 sales regions. The regions in which I have book sales are shaded - the darker the shade, the more books sold. Of course, I like to see dark shades because that means lots of readers and I want to reach a lot of people with my books. After all, it's most fun when you have readers to interact with. But what I'm most focused on at the moment (more than darker shades) is filling the map in so that there's at least 1 book in each region.

As of now, I have 44 regions of the 100 covered. Although it may seem silly, I'll be extremely happy when all 100 regions are shaded.

Some of the regions are small, and others are quite large. I don't generally mind how big the region is that gets shaded in. But right now the regions labeled Denver and Albuquerque seem to be laughing at me. They are so much bigger than the other regions and they are blank. I'm going to have to do something about that. Anyone from these places? Hehe!

When I fill all of the regions in maybe I'll yell Bingo! 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment